summer diy: tie dye

tie dye is one of those things that I had always imagined would be incredibly hard. something that i would build up in my mind to be a success, and the subsequently fuck it up because i am uncapable to successful do DIY projects. so, whilst listen to the beatles- let it be, on my ipod, I will reguritate the process of my own experience with diy. spoiler alert: in the process I dye my hands hard purple. yay.

I really should have documented the entirety of the project. Unfortunately I only have the final product.






I purchased a packet of Dylon fabric dye, and use a dark purple colour. I filled a bucket with 6L of wwater, added 5 table spoon’s of salt and added the sachet. i then proceeded to tie hair-ties (i have no rubberbands!!) and tied them around evenly apart, in a messy manner. i left it in the bucket for a couple of hours, drained the bucket, and sprayed the bucket with clean water! i let the skirt soak for another hours and then repeated a rinse.

For this project I used a cheap, cotton white skirt. The beauty of tie dye is that you can basically use all the rags/crap from around the house. Next time, I may try and make head bands. Bonne chance mes enfants!